Monday, December 10, 2007

A lovely Surprise

Place: Slim's Restaurant
Location: Corner of Ralph Bunche Road and Lenana Road Opp. Hutchings Biemer
Ambiance: Pretty Good
Service: Awesome

On Saturday after I made a random stop at WAPI [British Council], I politely asked my buddy to take me for lunch at a place I had yet to go to. That place was Slim's Restaurant. Granted, I had driven by the place a couple of times and to me, it looked like a clandestine-esque place. Sorta like Annie Oakleys.... so I did not know what to expect. Can I just say that I was pleasantly surprised? On walking in, there was a bar in the middle and booths all around. BOOTHS Y'all!! Maybe I should mention this..... I love sitting in booths!

Sidebar: The waiter was nothing short of amazing. Like seriously.... that dude was off the wall! I have not had such an attentive and superb service in a while and can I say: Impressive.

I was pretty hungry and the menu was too tempting but I did not have time to ponder and wonder........We ordered some buffalo wings for starters. I had lamb chops for my main course and my buddy had chicken. There is a *zing* that is in buffalo wings that these wings were missing. I cant say that they were not good, because they were....... but they were not buffalo wings......

However, the main course was too nice. That lamb was cooked to near perfection. The vegetables were just right and the fries were just fries.

The prices were reasonable. The wings were Kshs. 450, the chicken was Kshs. 550 and the Lamb was kshs. 650.

Do I recommend this place? Like Duh! DEFINITELY!

Other than Master Wok's at Capital Center..... this is the only other place that has jazzed me kiasi.
NB:
A beer is Kshs. 160, Sodas are Kshs. 80

2 comments:

Kawana Aminata Oliver said...

If I'm ever out that way......

Unknown said...

I can picture where it is and sounds like a plot. Will definately keep it in mind when I am in the area.